Wednesday, March 19, 2014

green smoothie



This is currently my favorite smoothie.  It's just so good!  It has a bunch of nutrients, the color is gorgeous, it takes about 2 minutes to make (and that includes the prep and clean up!), and the whole family thinks it tastes great.  Win.  This is a good breakfast for kids to help make.  Liam loves to help me load up the blender, and (with supervision) he works the blender for this all by himself.  He thinks he's hot stuff.  :)


Liam decided to be my Vanna White and point out the ingredients.  You'll need milk, yogurt, bananas, apples, spinach, and lime-aid concentrate.



Nice try kiddo.  You have your own smoothie.  Don't steal mine!


ingredients:
2 small granny smith apples
2 small bananas
2 large handfuls of spinach
3/4 C vanilla yogurt (I prefer Greek yogurt, but regular will work fine too)
1/4 C milk (or more if you want to thin your smoothie out a bit)
2 tsp lime-ade concentrate*

*I thawed out a can of limeade concentrate that I keep in tupperware in the fridge just for smoothies.  If you don't want to bother just substitute a squirt of lime juice and a little sugar)

directions:
1. chop up the apples and add to your blender.
2. Throw in the rest of the ingredients.  If you want a thicker or colder smoothie use a frozen banana instead of adding ice, that dilutes the flavor too much.
3. Blend until smooth.  Make sure you have pureed the spinach completely.  it isn't an issue for me because my blender is awesome (I've got a vitamix), but you really don't want teeny pieces of spinach in your smoothie.
4.  Pour into cups and enjoy!  I've got to drink mine right away or a certain 2 year old tries to steal mine...

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment