Monday, March 16, 2015

1 minute microwave mug cookie



Guess what?  Today is an important day!  What day is it you might ask?
It's my blog's 1st birthday!  Anniversary, whatever!
I'm so excited.  :)  A big thank you to the maybe dozen people who read this.  You have followed me for a whole year now and seen over one hundred recipes.  That is so exciting to me.

And hey, what's a birthday, anniversary, whatever without cake?  I love cake.  This cake is even better than normal cake because it uses barely any dishes, tastes great, is portion controlled, and takes less than five minutes between making it, baking it, and clean up.  What's not to love?


I love microwave cookies.  They are satisfying, portion controlled, easy, and my favorite quick weeknight dessert.  I have three versions I regularly make: peanut butter, chocolate chip, and chocolate chip peanut butter.  I also have a basic cookie base, and a slightly healthier base.


This is the basic cookie base.  Literally just dump these all into a coffee mug and mix well with a spoon or butter knife.  You don't even need to grease the mug because the coconut oil in the batter helps enough.  Mix a tablespoon of peanut butter and/or chocolate chips into the batter.  Then microwave the mug for one minute.  Done!

If you want to use the healthier base instead substitute whole wheat flour for the AP flour, and only use 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar.


This is just a random pre-microwave picture of a peanut butter mug cookie.


Have I mentioned how much I am in love with this dessert?  It is warm and part cake consistency, part ooey gooey wonderfulness.  If you don't like the ooey gooey consistency then just microwave an extra 30 seconds.


Just some extra close up photos of each cookie.  This is healthier base chocolate chip peanut butter.


Classic base peanut butter.


Classic base chocolate chip.

1 minute microwave mug cookie

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar (or 1 tsp granulated sugar)
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp AP flour (or 3 tbsp whole wheat flour)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
  • 1 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:

  1. Dump all ingredients into coffee mug and mix well.
  2. Microwave for 1 minute.
  3. Let stand 1 minute.  Grab a spoon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment