Tuesday, March 3, 2015

soft & chewy orange creamsicle cookies





When I bake its for one of three reasons.  I'm happy and baking makes me happier, I NEED cookies, or the kids are driving me crazy and I need to bake to help me relax while the kids are napping.  Yesterday was definitely the latter reason.  Crazy hyper little mess makers.  All morning they were full out bonkers.  So nap time was relaxation time, and okay, I really needed a cookie too!


I'd been wanting to try making an orangesicle cookie for a while now.  I just love the combination of orange and vanilla.


These turned out really well especially since it was my first time trying this new recipe I made up.  I figure if I didn't mess it up on the first try, the recipe must be pretty easy.


The cookies turned out just the way I'd hoped.  Chewy, soft, and full of vanilla and orange goodness.  Excuse me, I think I have to go eat another one right now...

   



Orange Creamsicle Cookies
makes 18 large cookies

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp orange extract
  • zest of 1 small orange
  • juice of 1/2 small orange
  • 2 1/4 Cups AP flour
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Cup white chocolate chips
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F.  Cream together butter and sugars.
  2. Add in the egg, extracts, zest, and juice one at a time.
  3. In a small bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.  Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large wet bowl.  Add the white chocolate chips.
  4. Use a cookie scoop and drop them 6 at a time onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake 13-15 minutes for large cookies, or until edges are golden.
  5. Let stand to 5 minutes to cool and set.

Note:  If you kitchen is too warm put the cookie dough in the fridge for 5 minutes before scooping and baking to help the dough firm up a bit.  This will help if your cookies tend to spread out and flatten too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment