Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!





Happy Easter everyone!  Yes, I've been crazy busy lately, and Easter is almost over... but I made it.  We're still good.  I swear, between spring cleaning, everyday stuff, Easter, and getting ready for Liam's 4th birthday(!) my schedule has been packed.  No time for blogging... sad.  I've got some good recipes coming up soon though, no worries.

Easter is such a fun holiday.  I love watching the boys hunt for eggs.  They are both pros now.  Even Jack, and he's not quite a year and a half!  I love any holiday that gives me an excuse to bake.  I used to hate making cupcakes.  They NEVER turned out right.  Thanks to the awesome Carra though, we got my problem figured out and fixed.  I used to fill the cups 3/4 full instead of 2/3.  Laugh all you want, but just changing that one tiny thing made all the difference.


This isn't my chocolate cupcake recipe.  I used the cupcake portion of this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction.  Her recipes are great and I trust they will come out perfect on the first try.  I doubled the recipe and made 24 cupcakes PLUS I had enough to make a nice 9x9 cake with the leftover batter!


For the vanilla buttercream frosting I used this recipe from Cooking Classy.  I added a bit of green gel coloring, and piped it on the cooled cupcakes.


The second I saw this bag of Cadbury mini eggs at the store last week I knew exactly how I wanted to decorate the cupcakes.  The eggs are cute toppers, and more chocolate never hurts!  I think the kids ate the equivalent to about 4 of these cupcakes each in sugar today.  Literally, they are bouncing off the walls.  Oh well,   At least they don't eat like this every day.,.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment