Friday, May 22, 2015

peach frozen yogurt





I love the quick easy fix for dessert.  Who doesn't? Especially when its pretty darn guilt free.  Even better, its ready in less than 30 minutes.


All you need for this frozen yogurt is a tub of vanilla Greek yogurt and a 1 pound bag of frozen peaches.  I tend to keep extras of both in stock, so I can make this any time.  Woohoo!


Stick the whole tub worth of yogurt and the whole bag of peaches into the blender and puree.  If you want to set aside several peach slices to dice and mix in later, that's fine, but I prefer my frozen yogurt smooth.

I like my frozen yogurt a bit sweet, with the tangy tartness of barely sweetened yogurt, but if you're not used to that, or you want to splurge a little go ahead and add a tablespoon of sugar now.


Pour the mixture into a prepped ice cream maker.  My model can hold up to a quart and a half, and this makes that exactly.

I only needed to churn the frozen yogurt for 15 minutes until it was crazy thick.  At that point you could eat or freeze for later.


Freeze in a freezer safe container with a tightly fitting lid.  I like to freeze my yogurt for about an hour after churning so its really thick.  If you wait until the next day or so to eat set the frozen yogurt container on the container for several minutes before scooping.  It will be pretty hard.


This yogurt is great for kids because its a great sweet frozen treat for hot weather and isn't full of extra sugar.

My goal is to try every fruit flavor I can think of by the end of the summer.  I'm thinking maybe cherry or raspberry next... yum!


Peach Frozen Yogurt
makes 1 1/2 quarts
20 minutes total time

Ingredients:

  • 1 tub of vanilla Greek yogurt (preferably non-fat)
  • 1 pound bag frozen peaches
  • 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
Directions:
  1. Empty the full containers of yogurt and peaches (and sugar) into a blender and puree.
  2. Pour mixture into a prepped ice cream maker and churn 15 minutes.
  3. Eat directly or scoop into a freezer safe container with a tight lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment