Tuesday, September 16, 2014

buttercream frosting



Okay, this isn't so much a real post as a statement that I love birthdays and baking, and therefore birthday cakes are like the best things ever.  I normally am pretty great at making them taste awesome, but sucky at making them pretty.  This cake is way basic, but pretty and I got excited and needed to post pictures of it.  Plus, this frosting will probably send you into diabetic shock but is light and fluffy and beautiful and tastes amazing, so I have to give out the link so you can make it yourself.





fluffy buttercream frosting by Cooking Classy is to die for.  I added extra vanilla extract and it was amazing!

I know this sounds weird, but my favorite part about this frosting recipe is that it covers my two layer 9 inch cake very well, plus even has extra frosting (about 2/3 cup) to use for other random things.  Awesome.  The only other change I made was to use  tbsp of low fat milk instead of 4 tbsp heavy cream.

And if you couldn't tell from the last picture today is Jeff's birthday.  Happy birthday to the best husband, partner, and father a girl could ask for.  Here's to another great year.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment