Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!  This is just a brief shout out to all the awesome dads out there.  I hope you are all having a very relaxing and fun day with your families.

I just had to add this "proud Mommy" moment from earlier today.  I reminded Liam this morning that today was Father's Day.  His reaction was to run up to Jeff, hug him and tell him "I love you!"  Then Liam turned to me and insisted that Jeff needed cookies.  Chocolate chip cookies.  He knows they're Jeff's favorites (and figured he'd get a cookie or two out of the deal I'll bet!).  Liam insisted on making the cookies himself.  All I did was help measure, add the egg (we had spillage the first try when he did it himself), and handle the oven.   Liam did the rest all by himself.  And darn it if I can't stop eating them!  I love how sweet this kid is, and how freaking awesome he is in the kitchen!

Because Jeff is totally awesome I was already planning on making a good dessert, but the kiddo stole the show a bit, so I'll make my dessert later.  I'll post it soon, don't worry.   :)
Seriously though, he could have been relaxing and doing whatever he wanted today, and Jeff beautified the whole front yard AND cleaned out the garage!  Extra credit goes to him.

Happy Father's Day everyone!


Not bad for cookies made by a 4 year old, huh?

Liam used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment