Saturday, January 30, 2016

Roasted Garlic


Okay, so this isn't much of a recipe because its so simple.  I guess its more of a public service announcement?  Because garlic is awesome, especially when its roasted, so everyone should eat more of it because its delicious and I don't want to be the only one with crazy garlic breath.

I go through a ton of garlic, and I hate spending all my time peeling it so lately I've been buying the huge pre-peeled bag of it at Costco.  Its so worth it.

This garlic spread is super yummy when served with good bread.  I like using it with the best bread.

This spread is great for an appetizer, or I also like serving this with a big hearty bowl of black bean soup.


Roasted Garlic

Ingredients:

  • peeled garlic
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • basil
  • oregano
  • cayenne
Directions: 
  1. Use whatever amounts you want of each ingredient and dump them all into a small oven safe container.  Quickly stir them up a bit to evenly mix the flavors together.
  2. Bake at 325 degrees F for 60-75 minutes with your container loosely covered in foil.  The garlic is done when it is very tender and not too brown or firm.
  3. Spread onto bread and enjoy!  It should spread like warm butter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment