Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Peach Crisp Overnight Oats


I think I've made it pretty clear how much I like a sweet breakfast, especially one I can grab as I'm running out the door in the morning.  This peach crisp overnight oats recipe is my new favorite.  Its perfect for this gorgeous early spring weather and makes me so happy when I eat it!  

I love the serious peachy flavor from the oats and at less than 300 calories per serving, plus 14 grams of protein this little jar will keep me going all morning.  It tastes like dessert, makes me happy, and doesn't make me hangry halfway through the morning like some other quick breakfast can.  

I like putting my overnight oats in cute jars so they're easy to grab the next morning, but it also helps with portion control.  Yeah, I'd probable eat more of it because its so good, but its really the kids I portion it for. They can be little rage monsters if I don't give them the right amount, but if its already in a little jar?  Crisis averted.  Yay!

I love making overnight oats because it takes ingredients I keep in stock anyway, one big bowl, and 5 minutes the night before to make.  You can't beat it.  Sometimes I'll double the batch or make single batches of different flavors.  My other favorite is chocolate.  


Peach Crisp Overnight Oats
serves 3

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 6 oz. peach yogurt (1 yoplait container)
  • 1/2 Cup vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 1/3 Cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1-3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully incorporated. 
  2. Portion into 3 airtight containers (mason jars, tupperware, etc.)
  3. Refrigerate overnight.  Enjoy cold.  
Note: These containers last at least a week in the fridge so don't worry if you want to make several batches at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment