Friday, April 11, 2014

skinny double chocolate chip muffins



This is not my recipe.  This is a courtesy announcement to tell you that if you have not made these muffins you are missing out.  These muffins are awesome.  They are totally amazing.  They taste like about a million calories, but as far as chocolate muffins go, they aren't truly terrible for you.  When I make this recipe I usually get a dozen regular sized muffins and about a dozen mini muffins.  One mini and a side of fruit is a great pick-me-up.  It fulfills my need for sugar without me going totally overboard.  Sweet.

Let me explain the mini muffins.  Anytime I have batter left after I prep the first dozen muffins I always use to make mini muffins?  Why minis?  They are the perfect size for kids, and the perfect snack size for grown-ups.  I like having the option of the two sizes.  It works for us.

Head over to Sally's Baking Addiction now and make these muffins.

Oh yeah, the recipe is great.  I just make one change, which is to use all whole wheat flour instead of half whole wheat and half AP flour.  They still turn out great.  Also, don't skip over the part where she tells you to spray the tins and not use muffin tins.  That is very important.


I'm still not great at taking food pictures yet, these are much yummier than the picture makes it look.  And wouldn't these be so pretty with a light dusting of powdered sugar on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment