Tuesday, April 8, 2014

roasted cauliflower



Yeah, okay.  This is barely even a recipe.  It is more of a suggestion for a brilliant way to eat cauliflower.  When I was  kid I hated the stuff.  Probably because I had only ever had it boiled or steamed or some other way guaranteed to kill all flavor.  And of course it was most likely served with zero seasoning.  Yuck.  The basic seasoning here just brings out the natural flavor, which is simple enough that you can pair it with almost anything.  Jeff likes to dip his florets in ketchup.  I like to mix mine with some couscous and garbanzo beans.

This version of cauliflower tastes amazing.  I kid you not.  For the three people in the house old enough to eat it we buy it in bulk at Costco.  We don't eat it all like this.  Some gets added to other recipes, some pureed for the little guy, etc.  But I digress...  Just trust me on this.

I'm a fan of idiot proof cooking, and also cooking that a mom who got four hours of sleep the night before can easily do while teaching for toddler how to cook, and while holding the baby.  Apparently I'm also a fan of multi-tasking...



It shrinks down a bit when cooked.  Just make extra.  You'll thank me later.

ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Place florets in an oven safe pan.  Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper on top.  Bake for 35 minutes, or until florets are fork tender and edges are a bit brown and crispy.

That's it.  Seriously.  Make it now.  I'll wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment