Wednesday, April 16, 2014

coffee creamer



I could be bad and dump whipping cream and sugar in my coffee every morning and be very happy.  And gain 10 pounds.  My most recent favorite creamer is a bit more guilt free.  This is literally a two ingredient recipe.  You can add one or two other ingredients per batch to create almost any flavor you could think of.

A helpful hint for creamer?  Find a container for it that you love.  You can always reuse Coffeemate container, but I find that once you reuse them a few times they begin to leak.  Lame.  I prefer Snapware style airtight containers.  I never have to worry about them leaking.  Ever.  Huzzah!

I like having two containers so I can have two flavors of creamer at once.  You never know what you'll be in the mood for.


ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
your choice of milk (amounts vary)

directions:
1. For two containers worth like mine, split the can of sweetened condensed milk between the containers, and fill almost to the top with milk.  I use 13 ounces of skim milk per container.
2.  Heat your creamer in the microwave about 40 seconds, or until warm.  This will help thin out the condensed milk momentarily.  Shake well to combine.  Store in the fridge and shake before using.  I can't really give you a serving size, because it really depends on how much creamer you use, what size container you have, and how much coffee you drink.  Enjoy!

flavor add-ins:
(these are my favorites.  If you want other options, look online, there are a million of them.)

-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp caramel sauce
-1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp peppermint extract

No comments:

Post a Comment