Saturday, May 24, 2014

breakfast pizza



I love making breakfast, but I can only make waffles so many times before I get really bored.  I've tried every flavor combination I can think of, but I still needed to try something new.  Breakfast pizza sounded like a good choice.  It has everything you'd want to eat for breakfast all in one item, and you can eat it easily with one hand.  Great when trying to hold a baby and feed a crazy toddler.  Don't be thrown off because this pizza doesn't have sauce, the eggs are liquidy enough when first added that you don't need sauce.


I used The Pioneer Woman's pizza dough recipe, because it's amazing, and added the cheese.


Pour the whisked eggs over the cheese , making sure the crust edge is high enough to contain it.


Spread the chopped bacon and potatoes evenly on top


Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and beautifully fluffy and delicious.



As usual, I used The Pioneer Woman's pizza dough, because it is the best.  I made it the night before and stuck it in the fridge overnight in a saran wrap covered bowl.

ingredients:
2 C cheddar cheese, grated
4 eggs
4 strips of bacon
3/4 C O'Brian potatoes (I used defrosted Ore-Ida)

directions:
1.  Make the pizza dough the night before and place it in the fridge in a saran wrap covered bowl.  Follow the directions on the Pioneer Woman's site for that.  In the morning pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees F.  Take the dough out and stretch it out between two cookie sheets sprayed with PAM.  The dough is pretty elastic, so I use a rolling pin to help stretch it, then poke the dough for a fork.  Make sure you have raised edges on your crust so when you add the eggs, they won't pour out over the sides.
2.  Sprinkle the cheddar onto the dough, then whisk the eggs and pour them evenly over the cheese.  Add the bacon and potatoes evenly on top and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is golden and the eggs look cooked through.
3.  Remove the pizza and let it cool on the counter for 5 minutes before you cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment