Friday, June 6, 2014

bruschetta



I'm pretty sure this is what heaven tastes like.  No joke.  The best part is, that unless you are the type of person who burns water, you can make this perfectly, and in only a few minutes.  I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I could eat this every day of the summer and not get sick of it.  Even better, there are only a handful of ingredients needed, and they are all beautifully fresh and easily accessible all summer.  Yay!



If your mouth isn't watering right now, you are clearly not a tomato lover.

ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, diced
2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
6 basil leaves, diced
salt and pepper to taste

directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.  Add the garlic, and stir regularly to avoid burning.
2.  Stir in the tomatoes, and the salt and pepper to taste.  Keep on heat until the tomatoes have softened.  Remove from heat and stir in the basil.
3.  Spread liberally on bread and enjoy.

I love using the best bread for this.  In fact, this batch of bruschetta was spread onto a fresh warm loaf.  Heavenly.  You could toast the bread a bit first, but I was impatient.  And frankly, it tastes great on plain fresh bread too.  I've also spread the fantastic tomatoes over potatoes, pasta, and also just eaten as is.  In fact, I just made this last night and I've since run out.  Bummer.  I'm just going to go make so more now...

No comments:

Post a Comment