Tuesday, August 5, 2014

chocolate oatmeal



I'm just in the middle of a slight obsession with cocoa powder at the moment.  It's the best!  A little goes a long way, and I don't eat a million calories.

This specific recipe was an experiment that happened to turn out really well, that's why there is only one picture...

I was bummed because Jeff had taken the last prepped chocolate overnight oatmeal this morning and I really was in the mood for chocolate oatmeal,so I decided to make a bowl of chocolaty oatmeal.

I might have to make this every morning!


This picture definitely does not do this oatmeal justice.  Basically, it tasted like I melted chocolate chips and stirred in some oats.  It tasted really, really unhealthy.  But it wasn't.

I used old-fashioned oats for this recipe and I followed that oatmeal container's instructions.  If your instructions are different that I list here, follow the oatmeal label instead.




print recipe

chocolate oatmeal
This is a decadent but healthy breakfast
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Instructions
1. Add all of the ingredients into a small pot and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until everything is well mixed, and the oatmeal is glossy and beginning to thicken.2. Pour the oatmeal out into a bowl and let it sit for 2 minutes to thicken further before eating. Eat while still warm. This recipe is very easy to double or triple.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 serving

No comments:

Post a Comment