Friday, July 11, 2014

sandwich: my way



With hot weather, sometimes you want an easy lunch that won't heat up your whole kitchen.  You really can't go wrong with a sandwich.  This is my way, lots of veggies and crunch.



This is quick, easy, and so good.




print recipe

sandwich: my way
the perfect veggie sandwich for summer
Ingredients
  • 1 sandwich roll ciabatta
  • 1/3 yellow onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • a small handful lettuce
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 4 thick slices cucumber
  • 2 tbsp hummus
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Instructions
1. Slice the onion and cook it in a pan in the olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt. After several minutes turn the heat to low and cook until soft and golden. They should be sweet.2. Assemble your sandwich. Hummus on the bottom, then your veggies, with the onions on the top. Enjoy! My ciabatta was small enough that I had a little salad with it.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment