Thursday, July 31, 2014

10 minute chili



This chili is my go-to meal when I've gotten distracted and forgotten to make dinner, when I'm short on time, or when I really need to go to the grocery store and all I have available is canned and frozen goods.

It really does take only 10 minutes.  That time even includes opening the cans.  It's that easy.  And Good too.  I could easily eat this all the time.  If I have extra time I'll make some corn muffins to go with it, but they aren't necessary.


Not only does this chili taste great, but it is full of protein.  Everything in this chili is a pantry staple of mine.  If I have extra fresh veggies on hand at the time I'll add those in too.  I love adding diced red bell peppers especially.  Plus, this chili works great as leftovers.  It refrigerates really well.




print recipe

10 minute chili
My favorite speedy dinner.
Ingredients
  • two 15 oz cans pinto beans
  • two 15 oz cans black beans
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
  • 4 oz can diced green chilis
  • 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
  • 2 tsp garlic
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp cumin
Instructions
1. Drain and rinse the pinto beans and one can of black beans. Add the rinsed beans and the last can of black beans into a large pot. Add the corn and the seasonings and cook on medium high until well heated all the way through. Enjoy!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4-6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment