Wednesday, July 2, 2014

raspberry soda



I'm generally not much of a soda person, I rarely rarely buy them.  That being said, sometimes you just want a cold refreshing fizzy drink.  This hits the spot.  It's easy, quick, cheap, and you can control the proportions yourself.  This is barely able to be called a recipe because it is so simple, but I'm listing it anyway, more of a good idea I guess.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  You can change the flavor too, the possibilities are endless!


I used a large mason jar with a regular sized top.  I found this lid and straw set at Target and I love it!


The ingredients are simple.  All you need is club soda, lime juice, raspberry syrup, and some ice.


I love this combination but maybe next time I'll try some new flavors just to mix it up.


 Just fill your cup about halfway with ice, add a tablespoon of lime juice, three tablespoons of raspberry syrup, then fill to the top with club soda.  That's it!


 You can change the amounts if you want your drink taste stronger or weaker.


You don't really have to mix this either.  I just swirl my straw around barely and that's all that is needed.
Isn't this such a pretty color?


Obligatory picture of me, since there aren't any already.  Is it possible to NOT look stupid while drinking with a straw?



print recipe

raspberry soda
easy do-it-yourself soda
Ingredients
  • about 1 cup ice
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 3 tbsp raspberry syrup
  • about 2 1/2 cups club soda
Instructions
1. Fill your cup halfway with ice. Add lime juice, syrup, then club soda. Gently swirl and enjoy!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: one large mason jar

No comments:

Post a Comment